June 14, 2016

Electric Snow

Dan Jira - 1/2015

Back in 2010 when TV went digital,
We were without a signal for 2 weeks until we bought a converter.
We would turn on the morning news out of habit to find that a blizzard
Had inhabited the television.
That electrical snow, accompanied by that awful noise is something
That barely any will forget.

The screen that looks like how your arm feels
When it falls asleep.
The screen that somehow makes you want a cup of hot tea,
And sit on the couch in a blanket.
As I write this five years later,
I am happy to say that I do not see this screen as nearly as often as I had.

However, I am still haunted by the electric snow,
From days on end to barely a total of an hour in a week,
I feel it.
The screen of nothingness.
The emptiness of something.
Waiting for something colorful to return,
Or to be turned off.

No comments:

Post a Comment