August 28, 2016

As I Look to the Sky...

Dan Jira - 8/28/2016


As I look up to the sky to the South,
I can see the rapid flashes in the clouds,
The threat of a storm that will never arrive.

As I look up to the sky to the North,
I can see the stars peeking down from the cosmos,
The threat of dreams that will be left unseen.

As I look up to the sky to the West,
I can see the fading sunset,
The threat of days yet to come.

As I look up to the sky to the East,
I can see the lights of the city,
The threat of the coming morning stifling the inhabitants.

But when i look down and immediately to my left,
Even in the dark, I can see your freckled nose,
And the threat of words left unsaid.

No comments:

Post a Comment